I. General Information
All instructions and recommendations should be followed for a satisfactory installation.
II. SUBFLOOR INFORMATION
All subfloors must be clean, flat, dry, and structurally sound. The correct preparation of the subfloor is a major part of a successful installation. Subfloor must be flat: 3/16″ in 10′ or 1/8″ in 6′.
A. Wood Subfloors
Do not install material over wood subfloors that lay directly on concrete or over dimensional lumber or plywood used over concrete.
- Do not apply sheet plastic over wood subfloors.
- Basements and crawl spaces must be dry. Use of a 6 mil black polyethylene is required to cover 100% of the crawl space earth. Crawl space clearance from ground to underside of joist is to be no less than 18” and perimeter vent spacing should be equal to 1.5% of the total square footage of the crawl space area to provide cross ventilation. Where necessary, local regulations prevail.
- DO NOT install over sleeper construction subfloors or wood subfloors applied directly over concrete.
- All other subfloors – Plywood, OSB, particleboard, chipboard, wafer board, etc. must be structurally sound and must be installed following their manufacturer’s recommendations. Local building codes may only establish minimum requirements of the flooring system and may not provide adequate rigidity and support for proper installation and performance.
- If needed add an additional layer of APA rated underlayment, fasten and secure according to the underlayment manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Resilient flooring is not recommended directly over fire-retardant treated plywood or preservative treated plywood. An additional layer of APA rated 1/4″ thick underlayment should be installed.
B. Concrete Subfloors
These products may contain either asbestos fibers and/or crystalline silica. Avoid creating dust. Inhalation of such dust is a cancer and respiratory tract hazard. Smoking by individuals exposed to asbestos fibers greatly increases the risk of serious bodily harm. Unless positively certain that the product is a non‐asbestos‐containing material, you must presume it contains asbestos. Regulations may require that the material be tested to determine asbestos content and may govern the removal and disposal of material.
C. Existing Floor Coverings
Flooring can be installed over most existing hard–surface floor coverings, provided that the existing floor surface is fully adhered, clean, flat, dry, structurally sound and free of deflection.
3 Vinyl Flooring Installation
If needed, overlay the panels with a 1⁄4” (6 mm) plywood and properly fasten to the access panels prior to the installation of the floorcovering. Prior to underlayment installation, repair any loose or unstable panels. Use the appropriate installation methods for the product.
After Installation Guide
Naples, FL Professional Flooring Contractor
ProFloors & Cabinets is a full-service home and commercial flooring and cabinet company that is locally owned and run. We provide excellent customer service and high-quality items to Naples and the rest of Southwest Florida, including American-made flooring and cabinetry. There is no such thing as a little or large job. We provide and install vinyl flooring, as well as renovation, flooring removal, and bathroom and kitchen cabinetry.
With ProFloors & Cabinets’ one-stop shop solution, you can simplify your job. Our experts will walk you through the whole design and selecting process, from concept to completion. To simplify the process, you will work directly with a personal project manager throughout the whole assignment.
ProFloors & Cabinets, “Where Friends Send Friends”.